Thursday, March 5, 2009

Looking For Miracles!

A few days ago my friend Sheral gave me a challenge. I wanted to turn and run the other way, but I said ok! She said, "Today we must look for a miracle." Hmmmm, I said, okeedokee! I said I would, and we reported the next morning. I thought about it some, but not real intensely. At a few different times it popped into my head, any miracles? Nope!

Then I received a phone call from Dani, my daughter who is living in Mesa with her Dad. That in itself is a miracle, she never calls, I have to call her! But there have been some issues about her health. A little scare that she might have been having some kidney problems. Her father has had three kidney transplants, so I was a little, ok quite a bit, worried. She had very high blood pressure and back pain. Her dad finally took her in, and she called me after the appt. Everything checked out as far as her kidneys! Her muscles were working over time in her back because of a slight curvature. I was very relieved. So there was my miracle, because I was sure that it was major, because of the history with her dad, I was wrong. A wonderful, sweet, tender mercy from a loving father in Heaven. Then I was talking to my friend Toni, and told her about it, and she said she thought that would be such a good thing to try and do every day. Find at least one miracle, every day. Can we do it? I am going to try, I need to stay more positive, even when I am PMSing!!!!! What about you guys????

“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

7 comments:

Michelle said...

This was an awesome post and I know I shouldn't be making a joke here but today it's a miracle that I haven't killed my kids. For real.

Love ya Keri and I will start keeping my eyes and my heart open a little bit more.

Okay, a real one...it's a miracle my teenagers waited this long to get to their rebellious stage. Lol.

Emily said...

I love it! One of my favorite scriptures is in Moroni 7 that asks: Has the day of miracles ceased? Have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? It goes on discussing faith. Miracles have not ceased! Keep looking and you will find them everywhere. :) I am glad Dani is okay, I miss her. I have got to get her address so I can mail her a letter. :)

the Dover Family said...

I love your post. You are a great blogger so keep it up. I'm so glad we have our daily chats. Love you tons. :)

Heather & Greg said...

I think you are amazing. I definently need to be looking for my daily miracle especially lately, then maybe I wont be so grippy. I'm glad everything is okay with Dani!:)

Kristi said...

Hey Keri I just saw your blog the other day, that is such great post and I am so glad that Dani is okay, I hate when scary things like that happen. And I am definently inspired to look for more miracles too!!

Shannon said...

What a great post! I am so glad things are ok with Dani. Tell her we miss her. Love the pic.

by Deterlou said...

Keri, I just read this post... what a great thought. I know I need to be more grateful. Finding the simple miracles daily is a good way to start.
And...I am glad that it wasn't something real serious for your daughter.