Friday, February 20, 2009

Get Away!!!!!!!


I am so slow at getting things up! Bryce wanted to "get away" for Valentine's Weekend. So it all kind of worked out. We took my kids and met their dad so they could see him, and I got to see Dani also, so that was good.


Bryce got us set up in a little bed and breakfast called, Prescott Pines. I have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, so this was pretty exciting for me. I had no idea that breakfast meant you really have a time to be there and sit at a table with others who are staying there. We met people from California and Phoenix. It was very quaint and fun. If I had been on the ball I would have really made up a fun story for Bryce and I, but then I would have had to remeber it everytime we saw anyone. But I could have said something like this when he introduced me, "What, you have a wife!"

Isn't he so very cute?
There was a lot of snow from earlier in the week, so we couldn't really do any hiking, but we walked around downtown Prescott, right down Whiskey Row, (oooooooh, are you gonna tell my mom!?) We had fun with each other just hanging out. Chocolate covered strawberries on Valentine's, and I won't continue on, okeedokee!!! I felt horribly guilty about missing our church again, third week in a row for me because of my Grandma's passing, but we did go to church on Sunday in Cottonwood. Don't you just love getting away when it is a good get away? Because I have definately had some bad get aways. What about you guys? Any good any bad?????

4 comments:

by Deterlou said...

Keri, Sounds like a wonderful little get away. I think Peter and I could use one of those about right now!
And as far as bad get aways, been there done that as well. But the best get away was when Peter and I went on a cruise for our Honey Moon. That is, except for the part where he introduced me to another couple and said my name was "Lisa"...his EX-wife's name! LOL He will never, ever and forever get to live that one down!

Jill said...

That place looks SO cute. Chuck and I have a little get away planned this summer and I can't wait! This will be our first since our honeymoon 9 years ago so I am hoping it is all good.

Emily said...

I am so glad you got to go and had a nice time. What a sweet hubby to plan that for you :) How is Dani???? I still need her email so I can write to her, I don't think the one I had is right. :)

Heather & Greg said...

How fun!! That bed and breakfast is super cute. Greg and I need a getaway but that won't be for a while :) What an awesome husband you have!!!