Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tribute......


I am writing a tribute to my Grandmother, Dora Mazuren. She passed away yesterday morning. I know that none of you knew her, but I am part of her and felt this was fitting. She was 99 years young. The last time I saw her was in July on our way back from Yellowstone. We had Dani and Jessica with us and they just loved on her.

She has been the only Grandma I have had. She lived a long wonderful life. She was an amazing singer, and yodeler. She was just amazing. I wish you could all have heard her. I have wonderful memories as child of all of the things she made. Every time they came for a visit she would put neat things she had made for us on our beds, and we would get home from school and have special things waiting for us. She was very clever and artsy, she could sew, crochet......

My mother has taken care of my Grandma for many years, and the last couple of years it has been very taxing. Her little body was just tired, but her mind was still with it. The last couple of weeks she really deteriorated and it was so hard for my mom to watch her suffer. As I watched all my mom did for her mom, I thought that is such a wonderful tribute to her. She raised her daughter well and good, with much love that was returned. I told my mom I hoped I could be as fine a daughter as she has been and I hope that my daughters will be as well. I am glad my Grandma is not suffereing any longer, and listen to this.

My cousin told me yesterday was national sisters day, and her Grammy was my Grandmas sister. She thought it was so wonderful that they were together on national sisters day. Isn't that just so cute. I am excited to see all of my family. We are leaving Saturday for the funeral on Monday. Then I will stay for about a week with my mom afterwards. I am sad, but I am finding it hard to be really sad, do you understand? I hope so. Love your moms and Grandmas, they are indeed special!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I love your tribute, and I love that she yodeled! The sweet feelings you have for her and your mom come through beautifully in your writing. Best wishes on your trip.

Emily said...

What an amazing woman, and I was touched by your sincere love for her. 99 years young! Wow. Safe travels and thinking of you.

Gary and Michelle said...

I love it when we get the chance to attend "happy" funerals. It sounds like this will be one of them. You definately learned well from your mom and grandma. You are one of the best people I know. Love ya.

the Dover Family said...

Keri, that was just lovely. I love that blogging is such a great way to express feelings for our loved ones and to share pictures of the people we love. I love you tons! :)

Michelle said...

Aw, Keri, sweet sweet memories and a beautiful tribute. What a sweet grand-daughter you are. I'm so sorry for your loss but that was a beautiful thought that she was able to be with her sister on Sisters Day. Enjoy your family time while you are away.

Heather & Greg said...

What a wonderful tribute that was! Your grandma seemed like such an amazing woman! The legacy has definently carried on cause you are a wonderful mother to, so fun and loving. You have definently been a great example to me. :) Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your mom!!!

by Deterlou said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. I was sad and yet felt joy in reading it. Your mom is wonderful as well for taking such good care of her care of her. It is a wonderful eternal circle of love. And it is neat that she got to be with her sister on National Sister day! God bless you and your family and may you travel safely. ((HUG)) Det