Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April Fool's Day

Every April Fool's Day we do a special dinner. Usually we try and invite a different family over, one we don't know as well. This year I let the kids have a friend over. I make up funny names, 9 of them. Because we will have 3 courses of 3 things.Each person gets a piece of paper with these words on it. They number it in random order from 1-9. They each have a partner who gets their food for them. I then post the master list that has what each item really is:For the first course they get 1,2,and 3, and so on for each course. It is so funny when you have no silverware, because you don't get to keep anything from earlier courses, and you have to eat spaghetti, or eat your jello salad with your garlic bread because you have no silverware! We have a lot of fun with it, and it is a tradition. I didn't take pictures of anyone eating, though, they would've killed me!

1 comment:

by Deterlou said...

I think you a one fun and crazy Mom! I have never really gotten into that day, but it's great to see how fun it can really be. Thanks for sharing :) Det